Can I Still Receive Services at the VA Even if I Have a Conviction?

“Can I still receive services at the VA even if I have a conviction?” – Jason H.

Hi Jason,

If you served in the military and were discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable, you likely qualify for services at the VA. If you served before September 8, 1980, you only need one day of active service and an honorable or general under honorable discharge to receive all VA services. After 1980, it got a bit more complicated. For more information, please visit